News & Topics for FY '13
- February 5, 2014; JAEA consulted with Evaluation Committee which consists of specialists in the fields of the evaluation subjects of high-temperature gas-cooled reactor and related hydrogen production technology. The evaluation concluded that the research and development should continue with the use of the High Temperature Engineering Test Reactor and the aim of establishing the basic technology.
- Aug. 1, 2013; Under the framework of International Science and Technology Center (ISTC), JAEA concluded a project contract on irradiation of the oxidation-resistant graphite between the Institute of Nuclear Physics of the Republic of Kazakhstan, which has had past cooperation results between JAEA for years.
- May 20 - 31, 2013; JAEA experts were dispatched to the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University for lecture on nuclear engineering including HTGR technologies.
- Jan. 21, 2014; JAEA respond to press inquiry about "Progress of joint research with Kazakhstan about a high temperature gas cooled reactor" form NHK as the investigation to make a program.
- March 6, 2014 "High-Temperature Gas-Cooled Reactor The abolition crisis of R&D" The progress of R&D was placed in The Nikkei Industrial Daily, in comparison with the world where development progresses.
- Press release "The evaluation result of Evaluation Committee which consists of specialists in the fields of the evaluation subjects of high-temperature gas-cooled reactor and related hydrogen production technology" was issued (March 4, 2014). Related articles were placed in Atomic Industry Newspaper (a JAIF weekly) (March 6, 2014), The Denki Shimbun (The Electric Daily News) (March. 6, 2014), Mynavi News (Web) (March. 6, 2014) and Weekly Energy News (March. 7, 2014).
- February 23, 2014; The progress of R&D and the feature of HTTR which does not cause a severe accident were placed in The Sankei Daily.
- An article on graphite irradiation tests in cooperation with Kazakhstan was placed in The Nikkei (Jan. 7, 2014).
- Press release "Initiation of irradiation project about applicability of markedly oxidation-resistant graphite to HTGR between the Institute of Nuclear Physics of the Republic of Kazakhstan" was issued in joint names with four graphite vendors (Aug. 2). Related articles were placed in The Denki Shimbun (The Electric Daily News) (Aug. 2), Rubber Times (Japan Rubber News) (Aug. 6), The Chemical Daily (Aug. 7), Mynavi News (Web) (Aug. 7) and The Science News (Aug. 30).