News & Topics for FY '11
- March 3 - 17, 2012; JAEA experts were dispatched to the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University for lecture on nuclear engineering including HTGR technologies.
- December 18, 2011; First Deputy Director Batyrbekov from National Nuclear Center of the Republic of Kazakhstan (NNC) visited HTTR and hydrogen production facility, and reported on recent research activity in NNC. After his report, JAEA staffs exchanged views with him about the irradiation research of graphite etc. using the research reactor in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- December 5 - 6, 2011; JAEA exhibited the diorama model of High Temperature Gas-cooled Reactor and supported National Nuclear Center of the Republic of Kazakhstan to explain the development plan of the HTGR in the Republic of Kazakhstan at the Innovation Forum held in Astana, capital city of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- November 5 - 19, 2011; JAEA experts were dispatched to the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University for lecture on reactor engineering including HTGR technologies.
- October 10, 2011; JAEA Executive Vice President Tsujikura signed the memorandum of research cooperation with the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University in Almaty.
- September 28, 2011; Executive Director David Scott from ENEC of UAE visited HTTR and hydrogen production facility, and reported on recent UAE circumstances. After his report, JAEA staffs exchanged views with him about them.
- September 1 - 2, 2011; The 1st technological examination group meeting and the 1st steering committee of OECD/NEA LOFC coordinated research projects were held in the Oarai R&D center.
- August, 2011; "National plan of nuclear energy", which refer to development plan of HTGR for Kazakhstan (KHTR), was approved by the government of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- May 13 - 14, 2011; The 1st seminar of carbon cycle steelmaking by the Iron and Steel Institute of Japan was held with 15 participants from university, steel company and JAEA. As a result of discussion on the subject of future investigation of the seminar, study on carbon cycle steelmaking with HTGR will start.
- May 6, 2011; The atomic energy agreement between Japan and Kazakhstan entered into force. The cooperation in the field of HTGR design, construction, operation and safety is mentioned in the agreement
- April 8 - 23, 2011; JAEA experts were dispatched to the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University for lecture on reactor engineering including HTGR technologies.
- April, 2011; The test and evaluation using HTTR for the practical use of HTGR was awarded by the Kita-kanto branch of Atomic Energy Society of Japan.
- Reconstruction of Japan: Desire to build safe nuclear power plant /Sankei shimbun (March 2, 2012)
- Future of nuclear: Safer new reactor development important. / NIKKEI (October 6, 2011)
- The possibility and challenges of next generation helium gas cooled reactor. / Gas Review, No.724 (July 15, 2011)
- Multipurpose high temperature gas cooled reactor for next generation nuclear energy. / Shukan enerugi tsushin, No.1194 (May 27, 2011)
- Introduction of safe High Temperature Gas-cooled Reactor / TBS "Mino Monta no Asa Zuba" (May 9, 2011)
- Verification: Nuclear power plant. / PRESIDENT (May 2, 2011)