Various methods for industrial hydrogen production are shown below.
Also, an example of cost estimation in future hydrogen station for fuel cell vehicles (FCV) is shown below.
A HTGR system with thermal power of 600MW can produce hydrogen at a maximum annual rate of 6.3 x 108Nm3 by using the thermochemical water splitting method of IS process, where a hydrogen production efficiency is 50% and an operation rate 85%. This amount of hydrogen is expected to drive 630,000 FCVs, where one FCV will consume hydrogen 1,000 Nm3/year.
- What is HTGR ?
- Structure of HTGRs
- Temperature Ranges Applicable to Various Industrial Fields
- Development Status of HTGRs in the World
- Outline of High Temperature Engineering Test Reactor
- Establishment of technical bases of high temperature gas-cooled reactor with the HTTR
- Various Hydrogen Production Methods
- R&D on Thermochemical IS Process
- Hydrogen Society in the Future