JAEA has been developing main technical bases needed for HTR in cooperation with domestic makers. In the fuel technology, we had developed the fabrication techniques of coated particle fuels with the world's best quality against shutting fission products (FP) in, and at present, only Japan all over the world can fabricate them in commercial scale. In addition, we had developed an isotropic graphite material (IG-110) which have little impurity, and had established design guideline for the graphite components. This graphite material is used in Chinese HTR (HTR-10) besides in HTTR. In the metal materials, we had developed the hastelloy-XR which can be used at up to 1000°C in the tubes in IHX, the hot duct, etc., and had established design guideline for the high temperature structural materials. Adoption of these technologies is examined in Generation IV Nuclear Energy System and the NGNP in US. In addition, through a design, construction and operation of HTTR, we proceed with accumulation of technical bases for high temperature gas-cooled reactor.
- What is HTGR ?
- Structure of HTGRs
- Temperature Ranges Applicable to Various Industrial Fields
- Development Status of HTGRs in the World
- Outline of High Temperature Engineering Test Reactor
- Establishment of technical bases of high temperature gas-cooled reactor with the HTTR
- Various Hydrogen Production Methods
- R&D on Thermochemical IS Process
- Hydrogen Society in the Future