HOME > News & Information > Recruitment > Recruitment for Excellent Young Researchers in FY 2022：J-PARC Center (Researcher, Fixed Term position)
This post is only for Excellent Young Researchers in FY 2022. This post requires “Advance notice" for negotiation among the parties. Submit necessary documents (JAEA form) by application deadline (17:00(JST), June 30, 2022).
Excellent Young Researcher: 1 position
Research Division of assignment
Materials and Life Science Division, J-PARC Center
Type of researchers to seek (research area etc)
Currently, the Materials and Life Science Experimental Facility at J-PARC has entered a new phase in which a 1 MW steady-state operation of a design value is planned. The development of cutting-edge pulsed-neutron experimental techniques and analysis techniques that can be applied to a wide range of application fields from material and life sciences to industrial use using the world's highest pulsed-neutron beam has become new issues.
Among them, in this theme, 1) neutron scattering science : development of sample deuteration technique that utilizes the characteristics of neutrons and nanoscale structural analysis of soft matter using it, or development of pulsed-neutron scattering analysis technique that utilizes machine learning and its use to achieve efficient material evaluations, 2) neutron engineering: development of neutron experimental technique based on new principles, or development of new sample-environment instrument are selected. We are looking for people who are willing to work on above issues.
Work location (tentative)
2-4 Shirakata, Tokai-mura, Naka-gun, Ibaraki 319-1195, Japan
The candidate who applies for "Leading Initiative for Excellent Young Researchers (LEADER)."
(This post is only for Excellent Young Researchers)
This post requires “Advance notice" for negotiation among the parties.
Terms of employments
(1) Salary：Annual salary system based on the applicant’s work experience and JAEA’s administrative rules, Commutation allowance, Housing allowance
(2) Social Insurance, etc.：Health insurance, Welfare pension insurance, Corporate pension fund, Employment insurance, Industrial accident compensation insurance
(3) Housing：Dormitory for family and singles
(4) Working Hours：9：00～17：30 *Discretionary Labor System is applicable
(5) Break Time：12：00～13：00
(6) Holidays：Weekend (Saturday and Sunday), National holidays, Year-end and new-year holidays, Annual paid leave, Special Leave, etc.
(7) Trial employment period：6 months
(1) Successful applicants who have been determined for Excellent Young Researchers
*Tenure position will be given after passing certain examination.
(2) Successful applicants who have not been determined for Excellent Young Researchers
(The contract term can be extended up to five years upon annual review of research achievements and upon the funding.)
*Should you achieve outstanding results during your temporary employment, you could be offered a position as permanent staff.
For both (1) and (2), JAEA may terminate contract in any of the following event:
(1) Noticeably lacking in ability as a fixed-term employee
(2) More than 15 days of unexcused absences in three months
(3) Significant mental or physical disability which makes business impossible
(4) Unavoidable business condition such as abolition of the organization, the reduction of the business and so on
Deadline for submission of application
17:00(JST), June 30, 2022 (Deadline for receipt. Japan time.)
Necessary documents and application procedures
(1) Curriculum vitae (use JAEA form) (PDF, WORD)
* Please fill in the Post number 22E0203 in “fill in freely on requests regarding salary, office hours, place of work, etc.”
(2) Application documents when applied for "Leading Initiative for Excellent Young Researchers".
(Researcher Form 1 (including the Attached Document) and 2)
(3) Certificate of Ph.D Degree
(4) One or two letter(s) of recommendation written by senior researcher who well knows your research and personality.
*Physical signature is necessary for each recommendation letter.
* Including one from the current supervisor is better.
* Letter(s) written by JAEA employee will not be accepted.
(5) Consent for the Treatment of Personal Data(PDF, WORD)
*Only for residents in any one of EEA member countries, namely a member country of the EU, and Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway.
Address of submission of application
Applicant can choose either [By JREC-IN Portal Web Application] or [By E-mail].
› Submit via "JREC-IN Portal Web application". [Data Number：D122051194]
Recommendation letter is also acceptable from recommender to Personnel Section directly.
(1) All application forms should be in PDF format and be organized in one ZIP file.
(2) Name of the ZIP file should be applicant's full name.
(3) Before handing in, make sure that the file size is under 20MB. A compressed file can't be accepted.
(4) Do not set any password for files you hand in.
(5) After your submission through JREC-IN, we will check your application documents if they are acceptable or not. After that, your application status on JREC-IN will be changed to “Accepted" or “Non-acceptance". When your status is changed, you will receive an E-mail notification about the change from JREC-IN automatically. The E-mail would not be sent as soon as you hand in, so please check your acceptance status after you get an E-mail notification.
(6) If there are any faults as for documents, for example list of achievements is not attached, your application will not be accepted. Also, if any of the said elements is lacking, for example subject of ZIP file is missing, your application is treated as non-acceptance.
Write in subject [Recommendation letter for Excellent Young Researchers (applicant name)]. Attach all necessary documents in PDF format.
If you do not receive the acknowledgement email within a week, please contact us at the email address in “Contact persons" below.
jinji-saiyo[at]jaea.go.jp (Replace [at] with @ )
Write in subject [Application for Excellent Young Researchers in 2022 (J-PARC Center) (applicant name)].
Attach all necessary documents in PDF format. We cannot accept when requirement is incomplete.
jinji-saiyo[at]jaea.go.jp (Replace [at] with @ )
Recruitment examination for JAEA（Negotiation among the parties）
(1) Application screening
The screening result will be notified by e-mail.
(2) Examination of research achievements (presentation using PowerPoint file or etc. and Q&A)
It will be carried out to on the applicant who passed (1)Application screening.
It will be carried out to the applicant who passed (2)Examination of research achievements.
Place for Recruitment examination (planned)
Via Online (Web conference tool will be chosen by JAEA)
Date of recruitment examination (tentative)
During July, 2022
*It may be subject to change.
After October 1, 2022 (As soon as possible after the determination of Excellent Young Researchers)
Contact & inquiries
E-Mail: jinji-saiyo [at]jaea.go.jp (Replace [at] with @ )
Points to note
(1) The successful applicant is supposed to submit medical certificate taken within 6 months (including height, weight, eyesight, urinalysis, chest X-ray).
(2) The successful applicant without Japanese Nationality is required to obtain a necessary visa status to work in Japan by the date of adoption.
Treatment of personal information
We will use personal information only for the screening process. It will also be used for employment management for those employed. The information of the unsuccessful applicants will be discarded one year after the submission.