Regional Workshop on Nuclear Security Culture
- Regional Workshop on Nuclear Security Culture
- November 13 - 15, 2012
- Integrated Support Center for Nuclear Nonproliferation and Nuclear Security (ISCN) in Tokai
- Co-organized by
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
- Number of Participants
ISCN hosted IAEA Regional Workshop on Nuclear Security Culture on November 13- 15. The number of participants rose to 29, including Asian participants from 13 countries and Japanese participants, mainly from government related organizations, regulators.
- During the three-day workshop, the participants learned about Nuclear Security Culture, the leadership and the role of the management, and evaluation figure of the culture, which led to a an active discussion among the participants by sharing each country’s experience.
- In group exercises, case study was made on realistic scenario. Suggestions were made through discussion such as the attitude of the management and the development of nuclear security culture. Lectures were followed by group exercises which led the participants to understand the materials and lectures.
- The workshop received a high evaluation from the Participants. The comments are as follows:
- To understand a vague concept as “culture” seemed difficult, but the particular cases enhanced my understanding.
- It was beneficial to share each countries experience.
- The workshop motivated to consider on my organization’s nuclear security culture.